Sunday, March 4, 2012

One Year at The Redwoods

Today marks the one year anniversary of my move to The Redwoods.  
My decision to move here came rather quickly due to the fact that a large building project was going to start right outside of my bedroom window in my Greenbrae apartment.
Normally, one has to wait for several years to get a spot in this Senior Community.

I decided to come to The Redwoods during the recession. People who were on the top of the waiting list could not sell their homes and so there were actually 3 apartments available when I went looking in January of 2011.


There was some concern among my friends that I might be making this move too soon. 
It is true that I am at the younger end of the age range here. 
However, this has not been an issue  for me. 
I continue to live a full life outside of The Redwoods. 
I still have my Marin friends, family and activities.

AND, it is comforting to know that when I am no longer driving, there will be plenty to keep me busy and happy here on campus, as well as wonderful free transportation that is offered daily.

So, I feel very blessed to be here and my journal page lists some of these blessings!



Here is another name plate for a new friend 
who moved in recently.

1 comment:

Marj said...

So happy that you are Happy with your move. You probably bring lots of Joy to those around you.
Love the NamePlates you design...they are "custom-made" and I'll bet people love them.