Sunday, May 4, 2014

May Musings about April




It has been awhile since I had posted on this blog. April was a month of taking it slow and majoring in rest and relaxation.  I had so much help and support and am feeling much better. I knew that I needed the rest when I could spend hours reading or resting or playing with paints without becoming bored.



One of my first outings was our Watercolor Journal Paint Out at our local Sloats' Nursery in Mill Valley. It was a cool but sunny day and we had a wonderful time. It was so good to get out and play with my paints. Here is our sturdy group with their pages and my pages with the rooster and the rose.







Easter Sunday, Kate, Porter and Elsabet joined me at church. Elsabet loved the Easter Egg Hunt and was thrilled to find the GOLDEN EGG!  This gave her a coupon for a frozen yogurt at a local shop. One would think she had found the Hope Diamond, much excitement. 


Elasbet made all of us Easter cards with stylized envelopes 
and I made her an Easter Card, too.




After church and the hunt, Kate treated us to a birthday lunch.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The end of April was spent in Green Valley, Arizona.
My dear cousins invited me to escape the noise and chaos 
of our building's major renovation. 
I had a very restful time enjoying their company 
and doing more reading, resting, art 
and generally being pampered.


 The view from my plane window as we flew 
over beautiful San Francisco.



Mary and Craig's Front Door


Mary and Craig with their son, Ben and 
grandchildren, Garrett and Rebekah


This is the view from their front patio. 
The Arizona skies are so beautiful.


A wild flower I found on one of my morning walks.


I had fun cutting out a template from an old file folder. 
I used the boxes to create small vignettes of my time in Arizona.




1 comment:

Timaree said...

Glad you captured that front door in your journal as it is just gorgeous. It looks very nice mingled with the other small pics you painted of Arizona.