Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June's Jottings

Summer is here and the days are longer. In Mill Valley we are blessed with morning fog which keeps our days from being too hot. And when the valley is in the 100's, we get our natural air conditioning system up and running in the afternoons as the Fog comes into SF Bay.



Here is my June page for my Draw My Amazing Year class. 

I was delighted to have all the construction behind me.
The men were amazing as they removed the scaffolding from my deck .... 30 feet up and no railings left for safety, they worked quickly to take down the remaining boards. I would be clinging to the buildings!


  

I was so happy to have my deck back and to be able to have sun and light come into my unit. I sat on the first weekend and did this page in my journal.


  

We also got new doors and a brand new hallway. Here is a new name plate for my front door to mark the occasion.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My morning walks were a mixture of fog and sun.
Here are a few photos I took of the Marin skies and scenes.


This is a Black-necked Stilt.





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, I spend time with a stick, a Monterey Pine branch to be more specific. 
I am practicing putting down what I see and slowing down using just pen and no pencil first. 
I am taking an online class called Sketchbook Skool and I am not only learning a lot but have a whole new bunch of sketchbook friends that live all over the world. We post our pages and others comment. It is very encouraging to get the feedback and the support.





No comments: