Thursday, August 7, 2014

July's Blog Photos and Stuff

July was a month of going out in the mornings, coming home for lunch and then needing to nap and rest in the afternoons. So you will see a lot of art but not too much, so far as activities go.
At times, I get a little tired of being tired but then I remember that this is temporary and my heart and body continues to heal. Some one once said." Be careful what you pray for".... oops, I think I may have prayed for patience along the way somewhere.

Here are some journal pages for you to see... I started out the month with doing my Awesome Year page in my book. I filled in each day as it happened.


Once a month we have Art in the Garden here at The Redwoods. I love cone flowers, the way their centers are prominent and the petals dance around the edges. Our Garden co ordinator took this image and made a poster out of it.



Here is a Gerber Daisy.


Our Watercolor Journal Group met at Strawberry Shopping Center to paint. It was too cold and windy to be out in the elements. The Plant Cafe's manager gave us permission  to come inside and paint. We were so grateful to be warm. She took our photo when we were all done. She really loved having us all there. We were be sure to order lunch when we were all done with our journals.


Here is our sturdy little group. 
L to R Back Row: Joan, Elizabeth, Carole, Pat, Mary
L to R Front Row: Loretta, Miram and Jeanne.


And here are our pages for the day.


Our 2nd Paint Out  was in Tiburon. 
It was cold and windy again. 
Where is summer?
I did a quick sketch of some shops and 
then retreated to a local cafe for a warm coffee
and a chance to add color to my page.


Some other pages....






This Oak Tree will be used as a poster in a program we are calling Aging Wisely, put on by our church, Westminster Presbyterian, in Tiburon.
I think of Oak Trees as being sturdy and stable, having weathered seasons and storms.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, last but not least, are a couple of photos of a good 
friend, Elaine and me. She took me on a gentle hike up 
a beautiful canyon in the Redwoods to a special "rock".
Elaine and I share our images with one another. 
Thinking of God as a Rock upon whom I can rest is a a favorite.
I loved this one and was so grateful to be able to hike 
to this special spot. I know I am making progress.


Another hiker on the trail took these photos for us.


It is so good to rest on God.










No comments: