Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rethinking My Blog and Postings

I am currently rethinking if I want to continue posting in this blog each month.
Almost all of my photos and art work have already been posted in Facebook.
More and more of my friends and art buddies world wide are on FB.
There are only a few persons I know that, for what ever reason, are not on FB.
Is it worth the effort for these few readers?
Or, would it be just as good to email them photos of things I would like to share with them.

I also am not keeping up with my Flickr photos.
Life seems too complicated to be doing all this computer stuff.
I think my time would be spent more wisely with pencil or pen in hand.
I want to commit to sketching or painting daily and perhaps that would happen more easily
if I let go of this blog for awhile.

Having said all this ..... here are some photos of my August doings and journal work.

This is the August page from my Draw My Amazing Year online class.



Elsabet turned 7 this month and started 1st Grade. Here she is in her new uniform.


I made her a small poster for her birthday.


Here are some journal pages that include assignments 
from Sketchbook Skool.








Finally, I am loving my deck and the birds that come to feed.
Simple pleasures mean so very much!




2 comments:

Timaree said...

Love that last picture which is the only one I hadn't seen yet. I've stopped my blog updates. Facebook seems easier and my family sometimes sees what I am up to. They never came to my blog. I think most people have transitioned away from the blogs except for some specialty ones.

Fresca said...

Hello! I don't know you but I found you when I was googling for images of drooping gerbera daisies.

THAT is where blogs surpass FB: total strangers can find you by googling. It's one reason I came back to blogging after a couple years when I was mostly FBing.

I hope you don't mind, I shared and credited (with a link) your water color of the daisy on this post about flower arranging with people with dementia:
http://gugeo.blogspot.com/2014/11/flowers.html
It's lovely---thank you for sharing your work on this public forum!