Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Here again, after awhile

A have a lot of new online friends who have been checking out my blog and have been giving me some very nice comments and feedback. So, here I am again doing a post. 

Fall is my very favorite season. I love the colors, I love the light, 
I love the cool crisp mornings and I love the season of Thanksgiving that allows me to express gratitude even more often.




Our church, Westminster Presbyterian Church in Tiburon CA, 
had a 3 part series on Aging Wisely this Fall. I was asked to come up with a logo, a poster and fliers to publicize the event. When thinking about Aging Wisely, I was given the idea of a venerable Oak Tree that had weathered many storms and seasons. 
I painted the tree with watercolor and used it along with painted fall leaves on the poster. 
Here is the tree and the poster.


The series went very well and I think we helped folks deal with the issues of Aging and End of Life decisions.



I had ordered a new couch last summer and it finally arrived. 
I really like it and it gives me a little more space in my nest.
It is also very comfy for napping, a very important part of my day as I am healing from my heart attack last March.


I have not painted a full sized watercolor since moving into my "nest" at The Redwoods. There is not a lot of space. However, taking the Sketchbook Skool classes has motivated me to try. 
This is an 11"x 14" painting I titled Fall Harvest Box. I think it has a Folk Art feel about it.
I liked it so well that I framed it and it is now hanging in our 3rd floor hall for others to enjoy. It is fun to hang new art outside my apartment door.


Next week is Thanksgiving and I am so very thankful for all my online friends that I have made by taking Sketchbook Skool and other online Art Classes. Thanks for all of your support. I love seeing your work and having friends all over the world!



No comments: