Wednesday, May 6, 2015

April -- A Month of Birthdays

April seemed to be a month long birthday celebration.
Here are a few high points of 
happenings of the month.



Several old Monterey Pines needed to be removed
 at The Redwoods. 
It was fascinating to see them take this one down. 
The tree was 4 stories high 
The crew did the entire job in one hour from start to finish, including the clean up.

________________________________________

I had fun making birthday cards for friends. 
You can see the zentangle influence here.


Kate took Porter and Me on a Birthday Hike and 
I got these Giants' goodies. 
She is taking me to the Ball Park on Mothers' Day. 
I have never been to ATT Park.  Here's a selfie. 


This is the Easter Card I made for family and friends.  I printed out a batch and then hand painted each one.


Porter took Elsa to Paris during Easter Week.
They had a wonderful trip and Mama reports that Elsa was a terrific traveler and so great with the adults. 


This is my favorite photo, the awe of seeing a magnificent cathedral. I hope this will be my expression when I get through the Pearly Gates.
Wow, how awesome is this !!!!!!



Porter's friends, Victor and Leandro, invited them 
for an Easter Brunch. 
Guess who "won" the Chocolate Easter Hen?

---------------------------------------------------
I did a painting of these three Redwood trees that may have to be taken down 
for our Wellness Center construction. 
They are well loved trees.
 I wanted to have a memory of them if this happens. 
I can make a print of it for others at 
The Redwoods that love them, too.


Nicole Trotter is leaving Westminster Presbyterian Church to be the Pastor of St. Luke's in San Rafael. We are thrilled for her to be called to a church right out of Seminary. She will be greatly missed. 
Her children's program is so strong. 
Elsa loves her and the feeling is mutual!

I did a painting of the darling gift 
the children made for Nicole.
 Her gift included a decorated terra cotta 
flower pot from each class, 
a wonderful wire basket of 6 plants 
and an old fashioned watering can. 
 Nicole gets the painting and I get the memories.



Soon, I will post my Birthday Trip to Jacksonville.
Too many very lovely memories for one post!




No comments: