Friday, April 3, 2015

Marching Forth in March

It has been four years since I marched "Forth on March Fourth" 
and moved to The Redwoods in Mill Valley, California 
It is good for me to be living in a community. 
And it is so great to be living in such a beautiful spot that 
allows for wonderful morning walks. 
Here are a few.


Larkspur Ferry and Mt. Tam.


Low Tide



Mt. Tam from the other side of the creek.


Sunrise continues to be my favorite time to walk. 
It is so peaceful and I like starting my day in this meditative and prayerful way.

Marin County has so many gorgeous places to explore.
Here is Rodeo Beach


I hiked up the hill for about 1/2 mile so I could get these wonderful vistas.



Then, I hiked along the Beach and sat down 
and did a quick watercolor sketch in my journal. 
This one is just 5" x 5" so it is easy to bring along. 
I keep a travel sketching kit in my new Chico bag that is easy to carry.


I also love doing botanical and up close subjects... 
my new close focus binoculars allow me to see 
the detail on small things as close as 1.5 ft.








This is a 8" x 10" watercolor that I did of a bunch of flowers 
that I picked from our Organic Garden at The Redwoods. 
It turned out pretty well. 
They plan to use this painting on a postcard 
to welcome new residents to our garden.


It has been one year since my heart attack and I am doing well. 
I do not take my life for granted and try to celebrate each day. 
I keep a visual 2015 calendar. 
It is nice to sit down at the end of each day 
and think about what I did and what I want to record.





No comments: