Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Post


I am still writing this blog for my few friends and family that, for what ever reason, are choosing not to be on Facebook. For those of you that are already reading my posts, much of this will be a repeat.

My journal pages for the Month of February



Gorgeous tulips on a street in my  neighborhood. 
This is always a treat for me to see what has been planted. The colors are wonderful this year.



Some journal pages and art projects come next.


This will be made into postcards to give to new residents of The Redwoods to invite them to enjoy our wonderful organic garden. 


One of the first bright spots of color 
in our floral beds this year.



This sweet set of table and chairs is outside a local spa. I love the iron work and tried to get it down on paper. 
It is a little wonky, but then that is what gives it charm.


A quick sketch of the Personal Care Unit 
at The Redwoods



I "borrowed" a bloom from this wonderful rhododendren that graces our church patio. 
The colors were so light and delicate. 
I am happy with the result ... I did use watercolor paper rather than my sketching journal. 
Good paper makes a difference.


Finally, here are a couple of photos taken of Elsabet today.
We had a lunch date after church and then she was off to an Ethiopian event in the East Bay. Her dress came from Ethiopia and she loves to wear it.


Here she is with a still to be finished
work of art.. her Mama had arrived to take her to 
the Common River event.


I can tell that this event was lots of fun.
Elsa loves music and dance.






No comments: