Sunday, February 1, 2015

January's Blog


After a very wet December, we did not get a drop of rain for the month of January. My month started with an 8 day silent retreat in Santa Cruz, CA
This is my 7th year of starting the New Year away in this beautiful spot. 
It us such a great way to start another year.

Here are my weekly journal pages for January.








I got a new gouache set of paints to see how I like using an opaque watercolor pallette. I soon discovered I far prefer regular transparent watercolors.


I did this tea pot with the gouache set. 
I think I'll just use these just for lettering and details.


I managed to injure my pinkie finger so now I need to leave it in this splint for 2 months. Although it is a small splint, it gets in the way when I try to write or draw or paint. So, I am doing as much art these days.


This is one of my favorite ways to do a page, a simple drawing with pen and ink and then watercolor for color.


Here's a page from our Watercolor Journal Group that meets 2 times a month. I managed to include one of my splints.




Finally, a quick sketch of our marsh done late one afternoon.








No comments: