Tuesday, June 30, 2015

JUNE ... Summer is here.

Summer is here and I love the longer days. Mill Valley summers generally start with a foggy morning and then the sun comes out some time in the afternoon. I love our automatic air conditioning as heat and I don't get along too well.


This is how it looks on a sunnier morning. Just a wisp of fog lingers over Mt. Tamalpais.





HERE are my calendar pages for the month.







Lots of change for my daughter, Porter. She is selling her home in San Rafael and has moved to a wonderful cottage right on the water in Tiburon. It is so peaceful and quiet. If I lived there, I would just look out the window all day. Grace, her au pair, returned to Germany so I was able to buy her MINI Cooper and sell my Honda Fit. So new cars and new homes are the theme for the month.



Elsa finished first grade with flying colors. Not only did she do well academically, but she also received the Principal's award. It is given to one girl in each grade level for best exemplifying the St. Hilary School's values. Porter is doing such a great job with parenting Elsa and it shows!


I reconnected with my Kappa Alpha Theta Alum group in Marin. I had not been to an event since 2000.  They were a very welcoming group.  We enjoyed lunch in a gorgeous garden. Here I am with an old friend, Nancy Coder. And I have to throw in some hydrangeas, too. They were so beautiful.




Last, but not least, here are a few journal pages for you to see.


This is Montgomery Chapel on the campus of the San Francisco Theological Seminary in San Anselmo. Our Watercolor Journal Group sat and painted it one Tuesday morning. It was quite a challenge for many of us.


The other Tuesday, we met in a local park. I did some vignettes of the area.


This Joseph's Coat rose is growing on our garden fence. I love the colors.











1 comment:

MV Pat said...

Lovely all around!