Monday, November 30, 2015

November in Marin

My Calendar Book for 2015 is almost done!
Here are my November Pages.





Each autumn the residents make some scarecrows for our Organic Garden.
Here are this year's creations.


We have had several King Tides this month. 
Our marsh becomes a lake and the walking path is under water. 
There are plans to raise it 3 feet when 
the Revitalization is finally complete next year.




 A  very special lunch for a dear friend.

Earlier this month, we celebrated our 97 year old friend, Pat Q. who was moving into a retirement center in Santa Rosa. She has driven herself to Larkspur from Novato every Friday morning for 35 years! A pretty amazing, sharp as a tack elder with a lot of wisdom and grace....
I was thrilled to have this photo of 4 dear friends 
that have been actively in my life for over 25 years.


Thanksgiving Day, Kate and I went to Muir Beach to hike and draw in our journals. It was very cold and windy. We made it for about 1/2 hour and then decided to go back to my nest to finish our pages.  
Kate prepared us a delicious plant based Thanksgiving Feast... we had a wonderful day together. Our pages are below. Kate's is the 2 page spread.


Porter treated me to a day at the Kenwood Inn and Spa. 
It was so great to have an entire day to visit, be pampered and totally relaxed. 
On our way home the Autumn colors in the vineyards 
and the Chinese Pistachio trees were spectacular. 
I love painting leaves and thus some of my pages below.


Here I am like a "wet noodle" after my massage at Kenwood Inn & Spa.

Some leaves from Kenwood


This painting became my Thanksgiving Card.


I loved the combination of these colors. 
It is hard to take a walk with out coming home 
with at least one leaf treasure.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow is December. 
This has been a lovely month of sunny days and amazing afternoon light.






No comments: